York Catholic High School
With many renovations to York Catholic High School (1959) being planned over several years, Beers + Hoffman joined the design-bid team to assist with two major projects.
The library and chapel were originally located at the end of the First Floor corridor. This 6,415 s.f. area has been redesigned to provide four new state-of-the-art science laboratories with flexible features, to replace older science rooms elsewhere in the facility.
A new chapel and new media center were created on the ground floor by renovating 18,300 s.f. and reducing the oversized cafeteria. Offices were relocated, and the main lobby was updated with more natural daylight and a new ceiling with better lighting. This space now includes more student-friendly lounge furniture, and the chapel with its relocated stained-glass windows opens into the lobby and has become both the physical and spiritual heart of the building.